Melissa and Brian are joined by Aaron and Rachel Smith to discuss some of the worst things you can say to your spouse.
Expand for show notes. Spoilers!
- Have you gained weight?
- I told you I loved you at our wedding. If something changes I’ll let you know.
- Why are you so upset?
- You’re nothing special.
- You should ask my mom how to cook.
- Don’t question how she does things in her area of expertise when she’s rushed and you’re just the helper.
- Don’t make fun of her really dumb idea/answer while with other people.
- “You look the same as you always do.”
- “I can’t wait for us to start eating good food again.”
- “I’d say you’re a beluga whale.”
- It’s not the dress that makes you look fat; it’s your fat that makes you look fat.
- You’ll get over it.
- So, what did you do all day?
- Calling her by her mother’s name.
- I guess it’s that time of the month, huh?
- Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.
- Calm down! You’re just being emotional.
- Oh! You’re going with the medium?
- Just wear more makeup.
- Your elbows are starting to show your age.
Let us know what you would put on your list! Comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org